Logikit CMOS 4 Electronic Keyer
Logikit CMOS 4 Keyer
Now available as either a Complete Kit or fully Assembled & Tested!
The small size of this keyer make it the perfect match for the new generation of small transceivers – but don’t think you are giving up a lot compared to its sibling, the Logikey K-5. Instead of six active memories available at one time you have 4 – but all other operating features of the famous Logikey K5 are retained! This neat little box works perfectly with any HF transceiver available today. Ideal both for home station use AND portable operation – it will run at least a year of normal operation on the built in battery pack, and also accepts 12 volts DC – and you don’t need to take the batteries out when used at home!
This CMOS 4 Keyer offers virtually all the features and specifications of the Logikey K5.
Logikit CMOS 4 Keyer Specifications:
– Fully iambic keyer; can emulate most other keyers including Curtis “A” timing and Accukeyer
– Works perfectly with single-lever, non-iambic paddles
– Four active messages plus 8 additional “banked” messages, 1020 characters total
– Messages may ‘call’ others and contain programmed functions
– Messages can loop for continuous replay
– Messages can allow break-in for paddle-inserted text with automatic resumption
– Message editing capability of existing messages
– Ultra Speed mode allows messages at speeds to 990 WPM!
– Contest serial number: 001 to 9999, with push-button decrement if needed
– Linear speed control: 5 to 60 WPM
– Adjustable weighting: 25% to 75%
– Adjustable frequency sidetone monitor, 500 – 900 Hz
– Tune function for transmitter adjustment, hand key mode from paddle
– Operator Selectable automatic character spacing
– Full beacon capability
– Messages and keyer configuration saved if power is lost
– Variable compensation for QSK transmitter character shortening
– Keyer offers precise speed read-out
– Keys all solid state and most tube rigs (virtually everything made since 1964)
– No paddle “buffering” or “debouncing” required with any paddle
– Comes complete with printed manual (English)
– Runs on 12 volts DC, less than .1 amp, or on internal battery pack (3 AAA cells), batteries need not be removed when running on 12 volts
– Size: 2 15/16″ (75mm) W X 1 5/8″ (41mm) H X 6″ (152 mm) D;
– All hardware is Stainless Steel
– 90 day limited warranty
The Logikit CMOS4 Complete Kit is a wonderful 1 or 2 evening project that, when completed, you will use with delight for the rest of your life! All parts are supplied – you need only hand tools, solder and a soldering iron. All parts are through-hole – no surface mount. Comes complete with a detailed and extensive assembly manual, a complete operator’s manual and an extensive tutorial on how to utilize all the features of this marvelous keyer. See below to order.
Assembled & Tested
For those who do not have the time or who lack the assembly skills necessary to complete the kit, we are now offering the Logikit CMOS-4 fully assembled and tested, for a small additional charge. See below to order.
OK. You look at the specs and the features. Pretty spectacular. But you weren’t born yesterday. How the heck do you control all those functions without a keyboard? How do you get the speed readout without a digital display? So how do you talk to it, and it to you?
Simple! Via Morse Code! After all, that’s what this keyer is all about. Want to know the exact speed? Press the right-most two buttons down together and release them. This puts you temporarily into the “Inquiry” mode. The keyer will send a “?” as in “di-di-da-da-di-di” in perfect Morse. Now, through your paddle, you send the letter “S” (as in Speed). The keyer responds by sending the exact speed in Morse Code. As soon as it finishes answering the question, it automatically goes back to normal operating.
OK. You want to program the speed range? Easy. Press the left-most two buttons down together and release. That puts you in the “Function”, or control mode. The keyer will send, in flawless morse, “F”, indicating it is now in Function mode. You send “R0825” through your paddle. That sets the Range to run from 8 to 25 words per minute, instantly. That’s how it’s done – all queries and commands are entered or played back through Morse Code, using simple instructions. And as soon as you finish sending the command, it is implemented, and the keyer instantly and automatically returns to normal operating mode.
Loading messages is a snap. Press any button for two seconds – the keyer will send a “C”. Enter the first word of your message. The keyer responds with a high-pitched “didi” indicating acceptance, and that it is entering a word space after that first word. Send another word. It gives the “didi” again. Now, go get a cup of coffee and come back, then send the third word. Pretty intense, huh? And when you are finished, press the same button down again to close the message. For playback, just press the same button briefly and release. Out it comes! If you want to change something later, there is an “Edit” capability too.
You and the keyer communicate via Morse Code through paddle and speaker. Commands are intuitive and simple. Learning everything your Logikit CMOS4 will take an hour or so, (though you will be up and running in ten minutes) but the comprehensive tutorial makes it easier than you can imagine. And once learned, you will be set for a lifetime of CW pleasure. Many modern transceivers offer built in keyers – most are simplistic and unsophisticated, and not user- friendly.
The Logikit CMOS4 feature list is unmatched by any “built-in” keyer in any transceiver!
Check out the reviews of the CMOS4 from your fellow hams on the eHAM.net Product Reviews
Keyer Cable Sets Also Available
The HKA Cable Set is a set of three quality cables to interface the keyer with your rig. Included is a 6 foot shielded cable with molded 3.5 mm (1/8″) stereo plug for your paddle, a six foot cable with a molded 2.1 mm DC power plug, and a shielded keying cable that goes from the keyer to the rig. The keying cable has a molded RCA plug on the keyer end, and a fully-shielded metal 1/4 inch phone plug to connect to the rig.
The HKB Cable Set is the same as the HKA Cable Set, except that the keying cable has a fully-shielded metal 1/8 inch (3.5mm) phone plug to connect to the rig.
Troubleshooting and Help
For troubleshooting hints and help for the CMOS 4 Keyer, and for warranty and non-warranty repairs, see KØQVF’s site
Pricing and Ordering